EGR Valve

I have a 1996 Maxima. My check engine light code aid my EGR valve was bad. I replaced the valve, but I'm still getting the same code. Does anybody have any idea what I need to do.

Reply to
jf3288

Did you check to see if the passages behind the valve were clear? What code did you get?

Reply to
JimV

The mechanic blow out both lines and the code was told to me by autozone staff.

Reply to
jf3288

It would help to know what the code was. Just blowing compressed air into the ports may not be enough.

Reply to
JimV

Blow out both lines??

Reply to
Steve T

The code was/is P0400.

You guys should have known that.

The EGR port on the plenum is clogged and most likely the EGR temp sensor is coated with carbon and is not letting the ECM detect an voltage change.

Clean the port and sensor and all will be fine

Reply to
NissTech