emissions (uk Primera)

My 99 2.0s Primera has failed the MOT because of the emissions test.

It is only 0.4 over, should be 3.0 or under.

As it is still at the garage, does anyone know or had a similar problem and what caused/cured it.

Dreading the bill.

TIA

Mike

Reply to
mike robinson

You didn't say what gas it failed on. There's some general info about faults at

My '94 Primera (U.K.) failed emissions once on too much oxygen and the lambda reading was a bit out of spec. This was due to pinholes in the exhaust pipe weld just before the rear box. New rear exhaust section fixed that.

Reply to
Steve B

It failed on CO. My reults were 3.40 and the limit is 0.30. hope this helps Ps that link provides intersting reading thanks

Reply to
mike robinson