engine and electrics stop in bumper to bumper traffic - 2002 Altima

I have a 2002 Altima with the 3.5 litre engine. On two occasions, while in 'stop and go' traffic, the engine has stopped and the lights on the instruments have gone out. In a few seconds the lights on the instruments come on. When I restart the engine it continues to run well. Any thoughts?

Reply to
merrieann

When Hondas do that it is almost always a bad ignition switch. I imagine Nissan will be be similar.

Reply to
E Meyer

Same with old Kawasaki motorcycles. And the fix is to spray WD-40 into the ignition switch via the keyhole with the "red thingy" that comes on the side of the can. See the following site for more info and a lot of useless info:

2

Reply to
Joe