engine sounds wierd while starting

What happen was that i started the car and waited for a min for the rpm to go down. then i realized that i needed the keys to unlock the gate so i quickly took it out, unlocked the gate and put it back in. When i did so and turned the ignition key, the engine sounded wierd while turning on, almost like it was about to die out. I think I ruined the engine or something. I was able to drive it home.

I asked someone who was in the car at the time what happened and he said that I started the engine while the gears were still turning and they broke off.

Can someone please explain to me in more details what happened because the car was off when I started the engine so how can the gears still be spinning? Were the gears still spinning from the first time I started the engine? Please explain what has happened. Thanks.

Reply to
toxic_antidote

Hard to really say what happened without knowing more: Did it sound weird while driving or just weird while starting? If starting, does it squeal?

Remco

Reply to
Remco