extended warranty for frontier

i'm about to reach 36k miles on my 2001 xe frontier and have been thinking of getting an extended warranty. the local (hawaii) nissan dealership quoted $1200 to extend my warranty to 6 years and 75k miles... so i have a few q's:

  1. does anyone think that it's worth/not worth getting the extended warranty?... to put it in other words, has anyone had to spend more than 00 on a six year old frontier?

  1. does anyone know of a place where i can get a better price?... i'm thinking that maybe i can do this over the phone and get the paperwork by fax or mail...

thanks for your help, ac

Reply to
A.C.

Never, ever, ever, buy an extended warranty on a Nissan (Or any other reliable car). Never, ever. Oh, did I mention: Never, ever.

Reply to
Bob