first oil change

I just bought a new Nissan altima 2006 and I want to know when it's recommended the first oil change (at 500 Miles, 1000 or 3750 ) ?? Do I have to put syntetic oil? tks, altniss

Reply to
lacheg

hint hint.......read the owners manual.......hint hint ::cough:: hint

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Dear People,

I own an Nissan Altima 2006 (I bought on March 2006). Its now around

3500 miles. Should I give for Service or just an oil change is enough.

Please advise.

Thanks, RavNissan

Reply to
Ravee_Nissan

Step 1 unlock your car. Step 2 get inside the front passengers seat. Step 3 Open the Glove Box. Step 4 remove the owners manual. Step 5 Open the owners manual to the glossary. Step 6 Look up "vehicle maintenance schedules". Step 7 Look over the maintainance schedule and consider BOTH mileage and time. For example it might say. "Change the motor oil ever 5,000 miles or every 6 months, whichever comes first." It might also say, "For vehicles that go through prolonged engine idling, stop and go traffic, and dusty conditions. Change the oil evey

3,000 miles or ever 3 months. Whichever comes first."

But you MUST check the owners manual since every car is different and every manufacturer is different in their maintainance recomendations.

HINT HINT. Keep a notebook. A small one. Inside your glovebox. Write down EVERYTHING you do to your car. For example one log entry might say. "8/12/07 6,000 miles. Changed oil and oil filter. Used

5W30 pennsoil" This is your way of remembering when was your last oil change. You should also include entries like "5/20/08 30,000 miles. Changed engine air filter, oil change, radiator fluid flushed." You can refer to your repair/work log book every other week as well as the owners manual as a way to remember what has been done and what needs to be done in order to keep the car running like a top.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003