Fixing light body scratches

Has anyone used the products sold at places like

or
for fixing light scratches? I've used regular touch up paint in the past and I guess my hand is not very steady as I always end up with blobs of paint in a scratch. Sometimes I think it looks worse than the scratch. TIA

Reply to
TideMan

Have you ever tried one of those Nissan paint pens? I bought one from this site a long time ago:

Dave Stone

On 2/26/2005 6:11 PM US(ET), TideMan took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Never used those products. Are these surface scratches, or down to the metal? If the former, I have found that "Scratch Out", made by 'Kit' works great on small surface scratches. You can find it at most auto stores. Look for a yellow plastic bottle in the polish and waxes aisle. You might also try Polishing compound.

Reply to
willshak

try running your finger nail over the scratch if it snags then the scratch is to deep to be remove by polishing compound. Touch-up is your only alternative other then repainting the whole area.

Reply to
mastablast

I can feel that the scratch is to the metal. Thanks, I'll try one of the NISSAN pens.

Thanks to all!

Reply to
TideMan