Frontier Alarm Question

I am looking for the negative-ground wire for the door-pin switch on my 2000 Frontier. I pulled the door-pin switch out and tested the wires with a voltmeter. However, the wires don't correspond to what's in the Chilton's wiring diagram. I am thinking that the diagram is wrong. Can anyone assist?

Reply to
kksiu

how many wires? only 1, truck body is ground & wire is source.

2 wires, put the ground lead from your volt meter to a metal part of the cab body and check the wires with the positive probe. which ever gives voltage reading is the source wire.
Reply to
: p

There are 3 wires coming out of the switch. The first one is always ground. The second is open (no voltage, infinite resistance) whenever the door is closed; but is ground whenever the door is open. The 3rd is 12-volts when the door is open, but when the door is closed, the voltage drops significantly (or it may be vice-versa).

I connected the negative-door-switch wire from the Brain of the alarm to the aforementioned 2nd wire. The problem is that the alarm can be triggered only by the driver's side door switch. The passenger's side door-switch has no effect.

I have both Chilton & Haynes wiring diagram. I understand why only the passenger's side door-switch is setting of the alarm. The only question I really have is about the 3rd wire. According to Chilton & Haynes, the 3rd wire is ground when either door is open, and the wire is open when the door is closed. However, the 3rd wire measures 12 volt, thus, it's not ground wire. It seems to me Chilton & Haynes diagrams are wrong. Does this make sense?

Reply to
kksiu