fuel injector cleaner for '95 quest

Hi there, my nissan quest has been running sluggish so I decided to use some fuel injection cleaner. It didn't seem to help but then I read somewehre that I shouldn't be using any fuel cleaner on this type of car beacuse may cause corrosion of the fuel injector coil. So I was wondering if anyone knew if this was true and if this is going to create a big problem for me? Thank you!

-- Message posted using

information at

caliaccord

Fuel injector cleaner can be some nasty stuff. Just like ethanol, it tends to lead to corrosion. I would be less worried with your Quest than with most American cars, though, as the materials used in the fuel system are better quality. All manufacturers say to not use gasoline (or oil) additives. In general, they are just not necessary, and potentially harmful.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike