Fuel pump replacement 1999 Quest Van

Hello. I need to replace the fuel pump on my 1999 Nissan Quest Van. I know some Nissans had an access panel for this from inside the car. I fear this does not. If not, is the procedure pretty straight-forward? Thank you for any help. Steve

Reply to
Steve L

It's never fun to drop a gas tank. The service manual is here:

though it's not always available.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
Steve L

Alternatively, you can get a one day pass to the Nissan publications site and download it. It was $20 last I knew.

Reply to
JimV

the tank needs to come down.

Replace the o ring seal with a new one

The job is a piece of cake

Reply to
NissTech

Anything particular to keep in mind besides the o-ring? There are couple gallons of gas in the tank. Besides it being a bit heavier, I suppose that is ok?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Steve L

get it as low as you can, drive it till the low fuel light comes on.

Use an OEM part not aftermarket... I know its more expensive

DO NOT over torque the screws that hold the sending unit locking ring to the tank, just snug them up, DO NOT use power tools

Reply to
NissTech