Fuel tank, Check engine light

I have a 98 Altima automatic about 60K Around June 03 , I had a check engine light come on,mechanic said he replaced the fuel pressure valve. and cleared the alert. I had no problems filling the tank at that time. exact info listed on work report is

found faulty vent control valve

replace valve ? reset readiness

Today I tried to fill the tank, and fuel came back out.

I had half a tank still , so I drove around a bit, no check engine light came on.

The car has been sitting idle for about 3 weeks in sun , so I though perhaps an issue with pressure/heat

After about 20 minuets, and after i tighten the cap some more, the check engine light came on.

Now the fuel cap is old, and looks like it could be replaced. If I replaced the fuel cap, cleared the check engine light could this solve my problem ?

Russell Miguel

Reply to
Rmiguel