G35 AWD reliability questions

I'm seriously considering the new AWD G35 after reading the excellent reviews of the RWD G35. I normally shy away from first model year designs, but I understand that the new G35 AWD uses the same ATTESA AWD system which has been used successfully in the FX for two years. Can anyone verify that this is in fact the same AWD implementation as in the FX, and also comment on the mechanical reliability of the ATTESA system? Thank you very much in advance! --- John

Reply to
John

The SKYLINE/G35 Has been out for over 3 decades. The ATTESA AWD has been out for almost

25 years. The System has been proven on more tracks and in more adverse conditions than we may ever see in a G35. It is a Gold system which has been copied by Subaru AND slight Patent Rights by GM. So they can use the AWSteer and AWD and have something worthy. I just wish they would Turbo the G35. The AWD system will use up to almost 15HP to run the electronics and the wheels when it is required. Yet, then again, I can't even leave my new Frontier alone. Had it for 1 month before I increased the output almost 20HP and 13TQ. NISSAN, Got to LOVE the Detune to meet US specs!
Reply to
ZTech

I have a 11/03 Frontier (awesome vehicle). I've done the K&N drop in and Gibson exhaust. What did you do to get this much increase? I suspect that you may have a supercharged though.

Also, the insane 80mph speed limiter needs to go too. Any thoughts?

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us
80mph? it's 92 for 4 cylinder trucks and 107 for V-6.

Exhaust, get a better flowing exhaust and your Frontier will scream!

Reply to
Derwud

Do you know what differences there are between the 3.5 in the Altima, Maxima and Z ?? What can I do to the 3.5 in a Murano to get it closer in power to the Z and FX35?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]