Gate Won't Open in 2001 Nissan Quest

For some reason the rear gate won't open. What There seems to be no way to open the door from the inside or electronically. Does anyone know how to open this door?

Stuff I think about Nissan Diagnosis The rear door requires you to use the handle on the outside to open. Safety reasons I guess. I went to the Nisasn dealer who cannot open it, but said for a $160 fee he would tell me why. I paid the fee and they told me it would be $580 to replace latch. I thought it would be some sort of electronic diagnosis, but it was a simple, they tired to open the door and it wouldn't open, therefore it must be the latch needs replacing.

I told them my two remote keys didn't work correctly and kept opening and closing the door latches automatically. I took out the batteries to stop it. They said that they had to be replaced at a cost of $150 each because they were sticking inside the key. "Funny," I said that both would start sticking at the same time. "Yes it is," the dealer said. "Couldn't it be the wiring harness is broken. "Could be" he replied. Once again, they are not diagnosising, just replacing and charging a bundle and hoping for the best.

They did the same with my Maxima, rear window would not close. I could pull it up and it would just fall down. Dealer said it would be $400 to repair. I took it apart and found the cable had slid off. Works fine now. Once again, they just look and want to replace not repair and diaganosis is farce.

Reply to
chinamiss.com