Gen 1 Pathfinder - spare tire question

I have a 95 PF SE with the spare tire gate. I pull a 2000lb tent trailer in the summer with this rig and I'm concerned about having to use the stock temporary spare tire. My truck has 31x10.5 AT tires but the spare is something like 235/80x15 (not sure). I kept one of my older 31x10.5 to use as a spare but I have not been able to find a dirt cheap lego rim to mount it on. Will 31x10.5 tires fit on the stock spare rim? Or should I visit the junk yards again?

I'm also a bit concerned with the larger tire interfering with my hitch drawbar. The smaller spare leaves very little room for the tongue to fit above the ball. I will either raise the spare on the gate (as long as the window glass still opens), or do like the Terrano's and move the spare mount to the right about 8". Anyone successfully do this? Looks like a cut and weld job to move it sideways.

Thanks, DS

Reply to
DS