Headlight problem

This problem is happening with my R32 91 GTS.

Both my low and high beam lights went out on the left side (separate bulbs) so I first checked there was power on the connectors (there was) and so i replaced the bulbs. They still didnt work, I realised that as soon as a bulb was plugged into the connector (two pin push-in type connector) there was no current on the wire. I tried the other sides known working bulb and still nothing.

I dont think its the light switch because the high and low beam switches in the car are separate switches (one is a twist knob and the other is the indicator lever)

Any suggestions?

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

I should have mentioned that I have checked all fuses are ok.

Reply to
die.spam

on 2/4/2008 4:10 PM flamer snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following:

rusty socket?

Reply to
willshak

Bad earth connection, common to both bulbs?

John

Reply to
John Henderson

I second that.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

found the issue it was a worn down connector in the headlight switch.

Reply to
die.spam

Reply to
Chris Boler

you have to take the whole dash off, the switch is behind the knob you turn to turn on the headlights, once thats out you can take it apart and look for a white plastic slider it should have 3 contacts in it, one of those in mine was worn down.

Reply to
die.spam