Headlights

How can I turn off the headlight during daytime ?? Pathfinder 2004 ...

Reply to
Yves Jalbert

You can't. These are daytime running lights (DRL). Mandatory in Canada since 1989. Disabling the DRL system is illegal.

Carl

Reply to
carl

Not entirely true.

They can be turned off if you apply the emergency brake, however it does impede your forward motion somewhat. :-]

Louis

Reply to
Louis Bybee

Problem is my headlights are beaming straight into my neighbor's bed room when I pull off my driveway .... just try to be nice ...

Reply to
Yves Jalbert

Stationne toi de reculons.

Carl

Reply to
carl

Probably there is a fuse in the drivers compartment just for lights, or even headlights. If you splice in a simple toggle or button switch to the wire going to this fuse, you could just switch them off/on at will. If the fuse box is in the engine compartment, the same holds, exept you'll have to thread a pair of wires thru the firewall so's you can reach it. 16 ga zip cord/lamp cord, or even 2-conductor bell wire should do. If said switch also shuts off the tail/brake lights, this is useful for evading the police at night, as well. :)

--------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

"Yves Jalbert" wrote in message news:HVo2d.21660$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Actually, if it shuts off all the lights, that's the same as just turning the headlight switch off although I suppose it could be useful with a car that has full time DRL's.

A buddy of mine had a high powered Ford that had been used for running booze in the South. Had a switch to shut off everything _except_ the headlights. That way they couldn't get your plate number and had a hard time trying to follow you while you still had headlights to drive. Think "Dukes of Hazard" and you get the picture (Stop right there, nobody mentioned Daisy Duke!)

Reply to
Retro Bob

Is your neighbor "female" if so whats the problem. Just park the car turn on your highbeams and enjoy the view!

Reply to
nissannewbie