Headlights not working for 94 Altima

I recently purchased this car that was orginally purchased in the US by the previous owner (I live in Canada). It had a Daytime Running Light (DRL) Module installed to meet the CND standards. I've had the car for over 1 year and recently my DRL headlights would occassional turn off then on then off then on...you get the picture.

The other day, headlights stopped working altogether both left and right. I've checked the fuses (headlamp left and right) and they are ok - I went out and purchased a new bulb and still not working.

There is no power getting to the bulbs. I disconnected the DRL but still no luck.

Any ideas suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
paul.petsinis

My 94 Altima had intermittent issues with the DRLs also. Often only one side would light when in DRL mode, but both would work in normal headlight or highbeam mode. Eventually one side quit altogether, and I traced it to the DRL module having some cold solder joints. The module is in right side of the front passenger's footwell, behind the plastic kick panel.

All I had to do once I got it out was retouch a few points on the back of the board inside the module with a soldering iron and it was good to go.

Hope that helps!

Reply to
JM