Help -Need to change Transmission Oil

I have 93 Nissan 240SX. Lately, I am having problems shifting the 1st gear when the engine is cold. After pressing the clutch 10-20 times, I can change the gear. Once the car starts running, shifting gears is not a problem.

I would like to change the Transmission Oil (Manul). Can you give me tips on how to go about doing it. This is the first time I will be attempting.

Thanks in advance, Alex

Reply to
Alex.S.

make sure theres not a filter in there.. it may be clogged?

tips though.. not really.. just remove the old oil and replace with new....

Drive gently with the new for a while... break in the oil.. then verify the level

attempting.

Reply to
Mercury

I cannot tell you how to change it. However, I heartily recommend using a synthetic. I recently changed to a synthetic in my POS car ('91 Celica). Prior to the fluid change, it had a horrible crunch into second gear that seemed to me to be a bad synchro. Got worse as the car got warm. The synthetic fluid, by RedLine, has made the crunch completely disappear.

Reply to
ppointer

Remove the drain plug to drain it. Remove the fill plug in the side of the gearbox and fill till it's level with the bottom of the filler hole. You'll need some sort of pump to get it into the trans, auto parts store should have what you need. DON'T use hypoid 90W rear end type lube in it.

Reply to
Steve T