help re: replacing distributor

I plan to replace the existing distributor in my 1988 Sentra 1.6 auto trans., due to particular problems. It has been off the road for some months, and without removing the distributor, or taking it to the shop to compare to the replacement at the wrecker, Is there some one that can tell me exactly which distributor I should buy? Are there more than one that may fit this vehicle? Luckily I DO have a friend that is mechanically smart, to help me replace it. But all advice will be consider, and thanks for the help. No, don't have the Haynes for this car.

Reply to
Mcgraw