Help with dashboard lights (88 sentra)

Hi, folks. Can anyone explain how to restore dashboard background lighting in 88 nissan sentra? It has been flickering over past several years and now has gone out completely. I have taken out the entire instrument panel, which checks out okay. All other lights on dash panel work fine. Apparently, somewhere a break in the hot lead to background lighting???

A jumper wire to dash background lights works, but I can't seem to find a wire that is not always "hot." How can I get the dash lights to operate only when I turn on the parking lamps and headlights?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Art.

Reply to
Colonel Edmund J. Burke