Hi guys....lurker asking a really long question, basically need some help with my Altima....

Hi there all, let me tell you about my car. My hopes for it will follow afterwards.

1997 Altima XE 5spd Engine has 60863 miles on it, no leaks. Clutch replaced @ 34kmi tranny fluid flush Nissan quest (minivan) LCD and VCR (having trouble with tracking on it) Jensen 500watt amp to two kicker impulse 12" 's, Sony POS deck, Sony (rough looking) 10disc CD changer Stock shifter cut down really low (so annoying) 15" alloy wheels on it now with a set of 17" Eineke wheels sitting in the garage (40mm offset) Few minor dents, paint isn't perfect, no serious rust, want to get it painted BMW Midnight Blue Minor leak in trunk (need to silicon trunk lights?)

I also replaced the flex pipe between manifold and cat converter lowered 3" all the way around with Eibachs, and I don't know if I should get KYB or Tokiko shocks, it is camber adjusted.

I previously owned (leased really. NEVER LEASE.) a 2000 Audi S4 6spd 2.7 turbo, prior to that a 1997 Volvo 850 Turbo. The Altima is in my opinion purty slow, I've checked into upgrading and building up the engine, and the possibilities just do not excite me. Not as much as an SR20DET, I had been looking at getting a Sentra SER or Infiniti G20 but could not find one in a good price rage (lease seriously destroyed me financially).

Lo' and behold I discover that the Altima is the Bluebird in Japan, thus I began drooling with possibility, what I am dying to do, is get this US Altima, 4wd/AWD equipped. Powered by a SR20DET. I've been reading sr20deforums.com and altimas.net but have found VERY little on a US awd/4wd altima. Nor any real discussion of it. If you have any suggestions please feel free to start commenting.

Reply to
slippy