Hi New to Group.

Hi

I have been offered my friends 2002 2.0 sve 4 door Primera (89000)miles on it for £4000.00.

I think this is an excellent price (do you?) - what should I be looking for on the car?

The dvd sat nav - is this dvd rom only or does it do dvd video?

Any tips?

Thanks In Advance

Dave, Oldham UK.

Reply to
TheMacc Lad

According to autotrader, that's a tad expensive:

Prices Dealer £3,613 Private £3,270 Part Ex £2,542 Trade £2,352 Cost New £17,320 1998 138 9000 11 Unleaded 33.2

Nissan Primera (02-) Saloon 2.0i SVE 4dr Saloon 4dr

2002-02 Mileage 89,000 Distinctive looks hide a spacious and well built family car. It has a fine blend of ride and handling, with just the firm low-speed ride a slight irritation. Heavy first-year depreciation makes it a nearly new bargain. Looking good, with owners reporting that early cars are fault-free. Some cars recalled to replace tyres damaged when car was built

HTH

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

according to what I've seen, 5 grand is a good price for a Pathy in this shape

Reply to
Shawn

Hi Thanks for that.........

Are those prices for real?

Its the sve with the sat nav etc - i had a quick look on ebay and private sales etc and am struggling to find one under 6 grand - even with the high milage.

Dave, Oldham UK.

Reply to
TheMacc Lad

I have a 2003 SVE 2.2 TD Primera You don't say if your possible purchase is diesel or petrol. The diesel is economical. 50mpg is possible if you turn off the aircon and don't thrash it, otherwise expect around 40-45mpg. The DVD will only read the dvd-rom satnav disk unfortunately. If your disk needs updating, it'll cost about £100 for a new one. However, the sat nav is a superb gizmo, you'll never be lost in that car! Mine is a hatchback, there's lots of room in the boot. I would advise a luggage net to stop things moving around. The SVE has uprated speakers, sports suspension, low-profile tyres, auto-dipping rearview mirror, leather steering wheel, climate control etc, etc. If its been looked after during those 89k miles, I'd say go for it! I've had mine for a year, (it was a year old when I bought it) and I've had a small problem with the rain sensor on the auto window wipers. It was replaced uder warranty. Otherwise I've done 14000 miles trouble free.

Regards SW

Reply to
S W

Hi Sorry about that - its a petrol.

I currently have a 1999 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 cdx - and am thinking of a change - plus the Primera is a bit cheaper on insurance.

Those prices £2000 - £3000 in the previous posts have me puzzled - I went on Parkers and even in poor condition its £6500.00 - am I missing something?

Dave, Oldham UK.

Reply to
TheMacc Lad