Hissing Wind Noise from front door jambs

Curently drive a 02 Infi I35 and couldnt find a related group to post to, so here I am. Hofully some Maxima owners might be able to pitch in with their thoughts.

I've had the weather stripping replaced at the dealer and contunue to experience random windnoise at over 60 mph. Ive noticed a hissing sound thru the front doors when I go downhill. It has been pretty annoying and I am trying as much to ignore it but just cant seem to as it is very obvious. the i35's have a door channel just like the maxima;s and I havent noticed it in other cars. Is this really a design flaw?

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Reply to
rkrishna

Got heated mirrors? Perhaps the noise is from the heater duct to the mirror.

Reply to
willshak

I have a similar problem with my 99 Altima... not the same car at all, I know, but I have noticed the door design is very similar on most other Nissans... I've taped around the windows and doors and still not been able to eliminate the sound, so please post back if you find the source of your noise! Mine seems to be coming from the top rear corner of both front windows, but it's really hard to pinpoint.

Reply to
JM

I have a similar problem with my 99 Altima... not the same car at all, I know, but I have noticed the door design is very similar on most other Nissans... I've taped around the windows and doors and still not been able to eliminate the sound, so please post back if you find the source of your noise! Mine seems to be coming from the top rear corner of both front windows, but it's really hard to pinpoint.

Reply to
JM

Generally speaking, the turbulence from side mirrors can cause sounds from further back. I saw a diagram of this somewhere or other, there can be 3 or

4 areas of turbulence along the whole length of the door behind the mirror. The worst wind noise on my Nissan Primera was from the mirrors themselves though and was totally cured with a piece of tape over the gap at the front where the mirror body can swivel if knocked. There's also a vent hole below for water to drain out of that can make a noise, I just partially covered that.
Reply to
SteveB

I had the same mirror noise on my 93 Sentra. I also put black plastic tape over the swivel gap.

Reply to
willshak

Unfortunately I have fixed mirrors without any drain holes, but still the noise persists...

Reply to
JM

To eliminate the window and its seal---I closed the window with a rag on it in various locations. Finally, at one spot I was able to make the noise come and go with and without the rag in place. Demonstrated to the Dealer who then replaced the window runners. MLD

Reply to
MLD