how do I clean the inside of the headlights?

I have recently purchased 93 Quest. The headlights are dim, even after putting in the Sylvania Silver bulbs. It looks like the inside of the headlight assembly needs to be cleaned. But how? The clear plastic cover is sealed on. Any ideas?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Cummings

You could try to remove the headlight assemblies and slosh some glass cleaner around inside and then rinse it out. If the lenses are discolored, it may be that they are aftermarket, and not genuine, lenses that were replaced after being broken in a collision. My wife had a lens broken in her 2000 Maxima after hitting a deer. The auto shop put a replacement aftermarket lens in it and it turned a slight yellow color after a couple of years. She had the lens replaced at the same shop gratis.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg