how to replace fuel injector 1984 nissan stanza

when I unplug 1 of the other fuel injectors engine runs rough I do this to the other 3 also,,but when I unplug this particular fuel injector no change in the engines performance,could this be a faulty injector,this one was replaced before not by me,,could I have gotten a bad replacement part also I want to do the repair myself can anyone help explain and is it too hard to tackle it looks easy enough bot need to know how much of the fuel rail needs to be taken off

Reply to
Bigshot

Could be all sorts of things. All you've done is verified that hole isn't firing. Removing the plug wire would have the same effect but that doesn't mean the plug is bad. I recall these have a problem with intake gaskets blowing out?

Reply to
Steve T

steve..you think a bad ignition coil could be at fault,,a gasket sounds like a easy fix..is it?is it a costly repair.today (sunday) I replaced the fuel injector didn't solve my problem.would a compression test show a blown intake gasket.and is it worth fixing on a 22 yr old car

Reply to
Bigshot

I got to ask. What symptoms or problems are there with the car that you would be do this test for?

Reply to
tomcas