I Give Up

93 Sentra. 1.6l. Car stalls intermittently. When engine is either hot, cold, moving,standing still, D-N or reverse. Sometimes looses power before dying and other times, suddenly. Will start again either immediately or by waiting 5 to 10 Mins. Parts Replaced: Ignition coil, Ignition module, Dist. cap, Dist. rotor, Plug wires, Fuel filter, fuel pump relay, fuel pump,fuel pump filter bag and air filter. Also cleaned all electrical connections. HELP
Reply to
William Hook

William Hook

Mass AirFlow Sensor? I have to jiggle the connection to the MAF on my 95 Pathy when it exhibits the symptoms that you've described..

Reply to
Botchka

Reply to
Bill H

Reply to
Wild Bill

Reply to
Bill H

have you tried air flow mass sensor. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

Reply to
AtkinsR

If you haven't tried it yet, be sure to clean the carbon from the air intake -- right where the big rubber hose meets the metal. Remove the rubber hose (one screw) and push it aside. Then spray the intake with carburetor spray (they make a special one for fuel injected engines that's even better to use). Hold open the butterfly valve and spray it too, Use a clean rag with cleaner on it to clean as much carbon as you can as well. I had this same problem on my 91 and after doing this, I had no problems. The problem comes back about once a year, and I repeat the cleaning and it always works. It's a simple, cheap thing to try. Takes about 10 minutes. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis & Vicki Ragan

Reply to
Bill H