If you're hungry for power or fuel efficiency, beware of a scam like this one:

In message , Elder writes

There's something wrong with your ideas. LPG or Propane is a shorter chain molecule than petrol and therefore will have a lower flash point than petrol, requiring if anything lower compression and certainly not more advanced timing than petrol. Increasing boost pressure allows more fuel to be burnt giving more power, but at the expense of greater fuel usage. So you still end up with only 85% efficiency compared to petrol. Don't forget what happened when the EU tried to get diesel engines to run on any fuel from diesel to petrol, after getting over the injection pump wear issues, it was found that petrol was sticking to the cylinder walls instead of a clean burn and a 25mpg diesel engine would only give about 13mpg when used with petrol.

Reply to
Clive

Thanks Carl for your advice. I don't think it's easy to understand someone else's design. For instance, fixing dragging brake problem, you tried it 6-7 times, the same problem returns. That's why we don't disclose our technique. We have to sell short a little bit while pending for a patent.

------ For only 4% of a hybrid cost, OFS can turn any vehicle into a hybrid-like vehicle. It's called Fuel-Efficiency Tune-up. It increases gas mileage and horse power without harming the vehicle like the N2O technique.

GasSaver

Clive,

Chemically you describe things correctly but you said there is no gain from mixing LPG with gasoline, that is just your theory, it isn't a reality. I gain 8-10mpg on top of my 50mpg. Remember Gasoline and Propane are present at the same time, you get a quick and long burning stroke. LPG burns first then its heat burns any unburnt Gasoline making each stroke a more complete burn.

When I shut off my LPG tank, I can see a drop in horse power and in fuel efficiency by about 10mpg. 1-gallon of LPG is good for 14gallons of Gasoline. Any way do google for propane tanks for trucks, I've found a manufacturer in US selling them quite expensive around $900 a tank to be used with the same technique. Also do a search on a patent site, someone already file a patent for this idea.

I don't think mixing LPG for diesel engine is a good idea but I could be wrong.

The only thing I don't like about selling LPG mixture with Gasoline to general public is, it's dangerous with the way people handling the tank. Customers can blew themselves up easily and blame their problem on someone else.

GasSaver

Reply to
GasSaver

In message , GasSaver writes

Rubbish, the amount of fuel introduced into the cylinders is a stoichiometric ratio for complete combustion, adding more hydrocarbons (that's what LPG is) will destroy this mixture and lead to unburned fuel pouring out of the exhaust, polluting the atmosphere and costing money to the person that try's.

Just because you've filed a patent, it doesn't stop it being rubbish.

You'd be right, considering that diesel engines are compression ignition engines the chances of pre-ignition with LPG in the air could seriously damage the whole drive chain.

As cars can be bought on the open market as LPG or petrol at the flick of a switch known as Duel Fuel cars, again you are talking rubbish, or would that be garbage in your broken English.

Reply to
Clive

Seriously, look into proper LPG optimisation.

LPG has a lower calorific value so requires more fuel, but has a higher octane so can handle more advance and compression before pre-ignition.

Using sequential injection rather than a simple gas ring in the inlet and the correct ignition and compression (or artificially raised through forced induction) you can at least equal petrol efficiency.

It isn't rocket science, LPG is the ideal for for turbo boosting and because of the better resistance to knock, you don't need to over-richen the mixture to reduce the risk of knock. Petrol and diesel engines very often run massively rich under boost to cool the engine to keep the knock down.

Reply to
Elder

Running LPG as an additive rather than an alternative fuel in a high pressure boosted over fueled diesel turbo can work in a similar way to nitrous oxide in a petrol car.

Turbo diesels reach a point where even with the boost up they can't suck in enough air to get enough oxygen to burn cleanly hence big soot on drag racing tractors and diesel dragsters and circuit racing trucks.

Injecting propane not only gives an additional fuel burst, it also releases extra oxygen that can help with the excess diesel and remove some of the subsequent black smoke.

Reply to
Elder

Diesel works just fine *with* LPG as additive, rather than LPG instead of diesel in a diesel engine.

It works in a similar way on tuned diesel engines that nitrous oxide works on petrol engines. And just like the petrol equivalent, it works much better on forced induction engines than normally aspirated.

Reply to
Elder

In message , Elder writes

If they can't suck in enough oxygen then LPG will make the problem even worse.

Reply to
Clive

In message , Elder writes

You've been reading too many comic books, or perhaps you just believe everything you read.

Reply to
Clive

on 4/20/2009 10:57 AM (ET) GasSaver wrote the following:

Unlike drum brakes, which have retracting springs, disk brakes do not retract when the pedal is released, therefore the pads can rub against the rotor causing friction in the form of a minuscule braking force. The solution is to have the pads retract from the rotor mechanically (springs?) or hydraulically (negative fluid pressure/vacuum).

Reply to
willshak

Pads don't rub in a properly setup set of disk brakes.

Reply to
me

on 4/22/2009 11:53 AM (ET) me wrote the following:

Please enlighten me on how to set up hydraulic disk brakes on automobiles, as opposed to mechanical disk brakes on bicycles.

Reply to
willshak

agreed.

agreed.

Except the lack of OXYGEN will occur.

Hi Carl,

There is one customer waiting for us to improve his diesel truck. I would try increase OXYGEN flow first before adding LPG. He lives in a hot climate, I'm not sure if I want to add LPG for him. I'm afraid his mishandling LP tank could cause him a good grief, later his family could accuse us. If LPG is added OXYGEN level has to be increased otherwise your engine will stall. I've seen this problem on Gasoline engines several times.

Nitrous oxide (N2O or NOS), sounds good except it can damage your engine's pistons particularly if your car has bad frictions. There is a limit of compression stroke on each cylinder. With Zero-friction like Mercedes-Benz's *(that we are able to correct), I'm fraid N2O is not suitable to be added, maybe if we can control the amount N2O. Refilling N2O tank is a major issue, you may need a license.

Currently we are able to turn frictions into energy and we are very proud of our work.

snipped-for-privacy@extra150miles.com

Reply to
GasSaver

You mean you can convert one form of energy into another. Thats the law.

Reply to
Elder

Just experience that manufacturers would rather throw your fuel, at providing extra protection, than their money at providing a replacement engine. They cover their own arses by using slight overfueling, using the additional fuel to cool the piston tops and avoid knock. It is a standard practice because production engines are no where near blueprinted and vary enough that you can't fine tune for varying driver use and the life of the vehicle.

My old Celica GT4 (all-trac) used to cover the read valance with black soot (it was petrol) even though the emisions were well within the UK fairly strict MOT standards, it even ran rich after the boost was upped by 5PSI, right to the safe limit of the standard toyota fueling map/headgasket.

Reply to
Elder

I don't why you guys keep discussing this garbage with an obvious snake oil salesman, but you don't have to rebuild very many calipers to know that the rubber ring around the piston acts both as a seal and as a retracting device. It doesn't pull it back much, but it's enough to lift the pad off the rotor.

Reply to
Happy Trails

Dismantle and clean the calipers and pistons and put in a new rubber ring. Machine or replace the rotors if they are scored or worn out of spec. Not really rocket science.

Reply to
Happy Trails

On Mercedes-Benz's, fixing dragging brake is not too difficult, unlike fixing the Japanese's ones. In any cases do double-check your work, because usually the same problem return 5-6 times due to brake re-adjust itself.

Cheers,

GasSaver.

BTW - We already reached 90-mpg on converting Mercedes-Benz's any models C230 - E320 to triple mileage. Thanks to our Friction-2-Energy technologies, it makes a big difference.

GasSaver

Hey guys,

There is a reason why carmakers allow substantial amount of frictions on your brake. If remove it too much, the car will go too fast, it won't be easy to manage the speed. We solve this problem by converting the brake friction to energy and restore it back to a battery. Most people are ignorant when it comes to battery power. You need to have plenty of battery's power in order to produce powerful ignition. That's why OFS creates a device to convert friction-to-energy by increasing electrical load on your alternator just briefly when you're slowing down, when you brake and when you come down hill too fast. That's why we are able to reach 90-mpg on Mercedes-Benz by reusing that power capturing during vehicle slowing down.

Cheers,

GasSaver

BTW - We already reached 90-mpg on converting Mercedes-Benz's any models C220 - E320 to triple mileage with superior power. Thanks to our Friction-2-Energy technology, it makes a big difference.

GasSaver

Codswallop 1.

Codswallop 3. And a possible overcharged battery to boot. You're never going to recoup even a skerric of regenerative braking energy by producing a 0.0384% fatter spark. Or by overcharging the battery now, so as to briefly and marginally reduce the alternator load in a few minutes' time.

There's also no doubt that drivers can improve fuel consumption dramatically when they're trying to prove a point by driving very economically.

John

Reply to
John Henderson