In-cabin Microfilter

Do you think you have an in-cabin air filter in your Nissan? I did. I bought a new '02 PF a couple of years ago. The in-cabin air filter is shown on the factory sticker under "Options Included by Manufacturer". It says "In-Cabin Microfilter $59.00". I also found stickers in the glove compartment that explained that the filter had to be changed every 6 months and that the first filter was installed when the vehicle had 5 miles on it.

Today, I had some service done on the car at the dealer. While I was there, I went to the parts dept. and bought a new cabin air filter element. I figured that I should change it after two years. I took the glove compartment out and found that no filter had ever been installed. I followed the directions with the new filter and cut the box to install the filter.

I plan to take this up with Nissan next week because I don't think I should pay for a filter that I never got. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Reply to
nfisherman

This reminds me of the 'Antitheft system' that is described in my manual to be an alarm. According to the manual, it is an alarm. According to real life, it's just a blinking light next to my steering wheel. According to the sticker, I paid money for what they call an 'antitheft system'...which is described, in the manual as an alarm. It even gives instructions oh how to set it (if equipped, of course). I was told by the dealer that it's a VIN etch.... I'm like...ummmmm the book says it's an alarm......they kept saying it's an etch... I said ummmmmm.....repeat over and over.... I paid for it, on the sticker...maybe I'll be pissed enough one day to go have them put the alarm in...

blehhh

- nfisherman stood up at show-n-tell, > Do you think you have an in-cabin air filter in your Nissan? I did.

-- Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every now, and then, I kick the livin' shit `outta me." - Lit

Reply to
Strontium

You have an anti theft system in your pathpuppie.

Do this and let us know what happens .

go to the hardware store and have them make a new key.

Take it home and try to start your pathpuppie , make 3 attempts to start it cycling the key to the off position and removing it from the ignition each time , then try to start it with your old key be sure and let us know what happens.

Reply to
NissTech

Sounds involved. It's not a pathfinder. 2004 Xterra.

- NissTech stood up at show-n-tell, > You have an anti theft system in your pathpuppie.

-- Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every now, and then, I kick the livin' shit `outta me." - Lit

Reply to
Strontium

You missed the point.

Reply to
-Bob-

Not really. He/she/it, was being a smartass.

-- Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every now, and then, I kick the livin' shit `outta me." - Lit

Reply to
Strontium

OK...wrong use of terms. It's called the "Vehicle Security System". Which is described as what appears to be a typical alarm system. Quoting the manual, opening an unlocked door (even from inside) while the system is armed, will sound an alarm. According to the instructions for arming the system, it takes about 60sec for the system to be fully 'armed'. Needless to say, I didn't get the alarm that I payed for on the sticker.

-- Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every now, and then, I kick the livin' shit `outta me." - Lit

Reply to
Strontium

another hopeless skeptic that refuses to accept responsibility for his own poor judgment.

Let me ask you 1 question.

Have you even tried the security system ?

my guess in NO

So SHUT THE FUCK UP

Reply to
NissTech

The "system" includes the VIN etching on the glass, but if I lock my doors with the keychain remote and reach in through the window and open the door, the horn honks and the lights flash. You should try it. If you just kick the tire like on an aftermarket alarm it won't do anything.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Well I'll be damned. I locked the doors, with the keyfob, and the alarm sounds if I unlock using the door button. I was using the door button to lock it, before. According to the manual, it should not matter whether you use the keyfob, door, the doors are closed, or the doors are open. It should arm, no matter what. Apparently, it only 'truly' arms if I use the keyfob while the doors are closed. Thanks.

-- Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every now, and then, I kick the livin' shit `outta me." - Lit

Reply to
Strontium

Actually, I never use the key in the door. The paint tends to get scratched too easily that way. So, I have no idea. I'd kinda like the doors to autolock, as well, after shifting into gear. I live in a fairly large city.

-- Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every now, and then, I kick the livin' shit `outta me." - Lit

Reply to
Strontium

So, you're saying that if you lock the doors with the key in the hole on the door it does NOT blow the horn as it does if you lock it using the keychain?? If so, that's rather interesting. This may be out in left field, but I have gotten out of my Murano and come back a while later to find that it had musteriously locked it's self. Some people hate that, personally I would like it to do it regularly as I am used to the passive arming system I have in my other car. I'd kinna like it to auto-lock the doors when I drive off too.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

That's not a Murano feature. The Murano has a known problem with doors locking randomly. I've been locked out uncountable times, even with the engine running. Dealer claim to have it fixed, but mine still locks about once every 2 months. Never leave your keys in the car.

Reply to
otherwhorl

This is just a follow-up to my last note. After faxing my original window sticker, emailing pictures of the pieces that I had to cut out and some other documentation to NissanUSA, Nissan has agreed to reimburse me for the $59 filter that was never installed.

I wasn't looking at this as the end of the world. It was a $59 mistake on a $35,000 car. It's still nice to know that they made it right.

Reply to
nfisherman