Infiniti

I have an Infiniti J30. I know it has the same engine as the 300Z so I'm going to post a question here since this seems to be an active group and I am pretty sure the issue is engine related.

Quite frequently from a dead stop the car is a real dog, doesn't miss or hesitate just serious lack of power. Feels like someone hooked a semi truck to the back of it or someone is holding the brakes when I try to accelerate. Once it hits about 3K rpm's it takes of better but still no like usual. It doesn't seem to do it nearly as often when it is cold (first started in the morning) or the ambient temperature is under 60 degrees. I have just noticed this lately since it has cooled down some here in Ohio. I have replaced the plugs, air filter and fuel filter. Any suggestions would be great! Was thinking the mass air flow sensor but they are kinda pricey to try out and not be the issue.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Houghtby

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:10:08 GMT, "Brian Houghtby" graced this newsgroup with:

check your idle air control valve. Also check your throttle body to see if it's dirty.

You didn't say how many miles you have on the car but it's possible that your battery is also in need of replacing.

Keep in mind that a bad battery and/or alternator can send the wrong voltage signals to the computer. If the computer gets the wrong voltage signals, it can significantly affect engine performance because it will either shut down engine speed (thinks it's going faster than it really is), or starve the engine.

This is not usual since the advent of onboard computers starting from the early 80's forward.

Reply to
amstaffs

Sorry, it is a 97 with 145K miles.

Reply to
Shredder

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:07:07 GMT, "Shredder" graced this newsgroup with:

then most definitely I would recommending checking the items I mentioned in my previous post.

Reply to
amstaffs