Installing Car Alarm - Actuator?

Hi All, I've got myself a Nissan Bluebird 94 (or Altessa in the US i think). I want to install a bare basic car alam and remote central locking. What i want to do is hook up the alarm to the cars existing key/button based central locking. I'm told I may need an Actuator to lock the door when I press the button? When I turn drive side door lock key all the doors lock. When I turn the passenger side door lock only that one locks. When I press the central locking button on the door arm rest on the driver side, all doors except the drive door locks. My question is do I need an actuator and how many do I need?

From my understanding I suppose they are electric switches of some sort...

Has anyone out there done this? Thanks! Nilo

Reply to
nilo

electric switches of somesort...

You will need one actuator for the drivers door, I had to do this on my

92 Nissan Primera as it did not have remote locking. Fit the actuator and connect the rod to the door lock rod then wire it up to your alarm module and when you lock/unlock on the fob the actuator will mechanically move the lock rod, in turn operating the door switch, locking the other doors. The actuator I used came from maplins
304&doy=6m12Hope this helps Trevor Smith
Reply to
Trevor Smith