intermittent light problem

The speedometer, rpm, and clock fade to black when I turn the headlights on my 94 altima. They all come back when headlights are off. the other display lights seem to work. I'm thinking it's the combo switch, but I can't be sure without a factory schematic. Any thoughts are appreciated.

snipped-for-privacy@ev1.net

Reply to
byramlass

Jon Smith

wrong answer Jon

you may want to rethink your diagnosis

appreciated.

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
Jon Smith

you statement about the headlight switch running the dash lights is correct.

the switch provides a power source for dash illumination.

but there is one more thing in the circuit you have forgotten about....

can you think of it

Reply to
NissTech

Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I guess too? I think I know this one.

Reply to
John Doe

by all means, give it your best shot

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
Jon Smith

I would look at the dash lights dimmer switch. It could be turned off or have an open circuit.

Reply to
John Doe

This is the correct answer

Reply to