Is choke suppose to be open when engine is warm?

I have a 93 Nissan PU, 2.4 Liter, 4 inline, fuel injected(injectors in cylinders - not carb). It has been running sluggish at low speeds and no "pep". I was told to check the choke at the "carburator". I checked it and it looked like it had some deposits so I purchased some spray choke cleaner and cleaned it. Got it nice and warm and it still runs sluggish. Checked the choke while running and with the engine @ operating temperature, and it stays closed until the gas is pressed, and then you have to give it some "gas" for it to open. It opens slightly. It does sound like a 100 cobras hissing when it happens.

How "open" does the choke usually stay open when the engine is running and is already warmed up? If I turn off the truck, should the choke just close-up again, or should it stay open to some degree?

Any input is appreciated.

ER

Reply to
efrain.ramirez

Is that the choke or the throttle butterfly you are looking at?

All the injection engines I've played with - not including that one - don't *have* a choke!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

It is the throttle butterfly. Sorry about that. Should it stay open when it is warm and running?

Thanks!

Efra> > I have a 93 Nissan PU, 2.4 Liter, 4 inline, fuel injected(injectors in

Reply to
efrain.ramirez

It's entirely controlled by the position of your foot on the pedal.

Have a look at

HTH

Andy

Reply to