Is it true the 2007 Murano does not come with stick shift?

I was impressed with the Murano this weekend but was disappointed that it came only in automatic transmission. Is it a case of where they make it in manual transmission, e.g. for the European market, but they don't offer it as an option in the States?

thanks JPL

Reply to
lestrade

The Murano is quite special in that it has no ordinary tranny. It's a CVT, or continuaously variable transmission. Better performance and fuel economy than an auto and even manual tranny. But of course you can never duplicate the fun factor of a manual transmission vehicle.

Recently, the Maxima went CVT for the 2007 model year. Sad to say that the 6-speed manual went bye bye as well.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

I've got 111K on mine, and it's still flawless. I had the dealer check it recently to see if I needed to change the tranny fluid, and they said, nope. The test they ran said it's good for a much longer.

Willy

Reply to
Willy