Jailed Man Blames Toyota for Fatal 2006 Crash

|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fkoua-fong-lee-claims-faulty-toyota-brakes-caused-deadly-accident%2F19380139or, for the long URL challenged

willshak

It was just a question of time before something like this surfaced.

He's just another douche bag that does not want to accept responsibility for his actions, it's the new "American way" now.

Why accept responsibility for your f*ck up when you can blame someone else.

It's sad to see how far society has fallen.

|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fkoua-fong-lee-claims-faulty-toyota-brakes-caused-deadly-accident%2F19380139> or, for the long URL challenged>

NissTech

I agree that everyone wants to blame someone else, but I disagree in this specific case. He's not claiming that the conviction should be thrown out simply because the problem might exist. His lawyers are "asking that the court re-examine the Camry, which is still impounded."

This seems perfectly legit. If they find that it has a problem that caused sudden acceleration, then his case should be re-heard. That's a proper way for the justice system to work. The fact is that Toyota's DO have a sudden acceleration problem, and his claims in the trial mirror those of other people who had the problem.

Reply to
me

You make a good point and I understand where are coming from , but here is my problem with the whole thing.

the 96 Camry does not use a "fly by wire" throttle system. It uses a cable attached to the pedal and the throttle body.

Have those cables been know to stick ? maybe , suddenly accelerate , I'd think not ? I guess anything is possible ,although in all my 24 years with Nissan I've never seen a problem with mechanically operated throttles.

Reply to
NissTech