KA24E Engine Vibrating

The engine in my 1995 pickup vibrates on idle. It's not missing at all. The vibration goes away above about 1,000 rpm. I've changed spark plugs, rotor, and distributor cap with no improvements. The motor mounts are tight.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Nathan Schulman

Did you check the compression?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

As compared to what? My '97 pickup has always had some vibration at idle. Is your truck shaking or are you saying that that you detect some vibration through the steering wheel at idle. A Nissan pickup at idle ain't gonna feel like an Infiniti Q45 at idle.

Reply to
Truckdude

What is your definition of vibrating? I know my 97 Nissan PU's engine is running when sitting at a light since I can feel it through the steering wheel. After all, it is a truck, and not an Infiniti, and at least 13 years old, at that.

Reply to
willshak

Perhaps the vibration is normal. I'm the original owner of the truck, and it just seems to me that the vibration from the engine has increased over the years. It only has about 92k miles on it. It does run well. I guess I should leave well enough alone.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Reply to
Nathan Schulman

The proper idle speed for an Altima with the 4 cyl engine is ~700 rpm. It's a little hard for a 4 cylinder engine to run smooth if the rpm falls below the recommended idle speed. You'll have to find out why the idle speed is low. It could be a number of mechanical problems or a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) problem. The cheapest remedy might be just to clean the throttle body using a throttle body cleaner spray available at most auto stores.

Reply to
willshak