locking gas cap

I recently bought a locking gas cap at a auto parts store for my 02 Frontier I thinck I got the wrong one!my :"check engine"light is on.My question is the dealer the only one that can reset the cpu thanck you.

Reply to
GUY

on 9/11/2008 1:11 PM GUY said the following:

No. Anyone with an OBDII reader can reset the computer. AutoZone will do it for free, but if the cap does not work like an OEM cap, the light may come back on.

Reply to
willshak

JUst disconnect the battery overnite and reconnect in the morning to reset it.If it's the cap the light will come back reinstall cap before reconnecting battery.I had it happen twice after getting gas.

Reply to
CBXXX