Maxima 2000 cold start problems

I have a Maxima 2000 that stalls and cuts off when you first crank it in the morning. It cranks fine, but will cut off once or twice before you can get it going. Once you get down the road it runs fine all day, even if it is cut off all day.

The next morning after it sets up all night same problem again. I have tried just cutting the on switch on for a few seconds but that had no effect. Tried racing the engine for alittle while but it still cut of when I tried to pull off. Once I get down the road it runs fine. I took it to the Nissan dealer and they had the computer reprogrammed and a heat sensor in the rear replaced, but it had no effect.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Apparently the Nissan Dealer can't figure it out. They said it didn't have any notices on this problem.

Reply to
Randy

john smith

John thanks for the response but we put the car on the electronic analysis machine and it did not find any problems. I wonder if it could be a filter of some kind?????????? Still looking for an answer........

Reply to
Randy

Reply to
Justbrilliant

Ummm, no.. The O2 sensor isn't used at cold start. What sort of "electronic analysis machine" did you put it on? I'd still bet the temp sensor, but it could be several other things.

Reply to
JimV

Nissan checked it, and I later took it to a local person that has a machine to check it and they did not find anything electrical

Reply to
Randy