mixing engine oils..

have been running an 88 toyota camry with castrol magnatec oil which i have been happy with, i have just bought an 87 nissan skyline(australian model), i dont know what oil is in it, is it okay to mix the magnatec (which i think is synth) to the oil that is in there to keep it topped up? regards

Reply to
Steve Robinson

No, it is NOT okay to mix dino with synthetic.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Where did yo get that idea? Dino and synthetics are compatible. Mix all you want.

Reply to
JimV

You'd better tell the companies that sell the conventional/synthetic blends before they make any more...

Reply to
Truckdude

From

Can different synthetic motor oils be mixed together?

Mobil 1 is fully compatible with conventional motor oils, semi-synthetic motor oils and other synthetic motor oils, should it be necessary to mix them. However, it is important to note that the superior performance of Mobil 1 will be reduced by diluting it in any way.

Ed

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
C. E. White

"Willy" quipped:

bull. The engine has no clue what you're putting in it. As long as they're the proper SAE ratings and weight, you're fine.

Reply to
amstaffs

After I pressed send, I knew I was WRONG. lol

That came from the old days of Amsoil. I don't know what their current position is, but years ago they used to say NEVER mix oils, in fact if I'm not mistaking, at one time they had an "engine flush" that supposedly removed all the residue before installing their product.

But having given it some thought, as one poster noted, there are now synthetic blends, so what could be the difference?

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Geez, guy, mix all you want. The engine will never know the difference.

Reply to
Reece Talley