More on OEM Anti-Theft problems. Alarm going off for no reason. 1996 Maxima.

I apprecaite all the repiles to my previous post and I am gald this seems to have been of some benefit to the 'Maxima Community'.

Here is a brief recap and an update on this situaiton;

The OEM alarm or Anti-Theft system on my 1996 Maxima seems to be going off for no reason. The horn starts blowing, the lights flash.

I had originally stated that this seems to happen the same time every day. That is no longer the case. It seems that was just a coincidence for the first two days that it happened.

In my original post I also neglected to include that the car had just been painted nad had some body work done. A few days after the body work was done I started having problems with the power window and door lock on the passenger side front door. I took the car back to the body shop that did the work and the guy took off the interior door panel and found where shop had left the plug kind of hanging that connects the power door lock and window controls. This leads me to believe they my have also left some other 'bad connections'. I talked to the owner of the body shop and he says he will help me find the bad connection. I hope that what ne means by that is that we will remove each of the door panels and check each of the connectoins at each of the points that could trigger the alarm system.

I have a diagram that someone sent me showing the layout of the anti- theft system and where all these points or connections are.

New concerns, new questions;

A couple nights ago, the starter would not engage upon turning the key. In some of the reading I have done on Maxima Anti-Theft problems I have seen this.

In the event that this problem does not magically disappear by itself I am open to any feedback, advice, suggestions, Etc.

QUESTOIN...

When the alarm goes off on these Maximas, is there anywhere that information is kept on which trigger-point set the alarm off?

I am in hopes that it is stored in the 'Brain' or the 'Central Computer' of the Anti-theft system.

If it is not stored, is there any device that I can 'plug-in' to the Anti-theft system that will record this info?

Unfortunately, I think this question is a long-shot, but I had to ask it. Any good news on this one certainly apprecaited.

Reply to
TonyInClearwater