Murano or Pathfinder to buy

Hi, I am looking to purchase either Murano 4WD or Pathfinder 2004 4WD. Which one is the better choice both safety and reliability. I understand that Murano has a CVT with is a new technology that is similar to Audi. How long (or mileages) does this CVT will last.

Thx in advance for your comments

Reply to
none

Two completely different vehicles. The Murano is not 4WD it's AWD, there is a difference and the Murano is not particularly meant for off road.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

The Murano all wheel drive could use some clarification. It only sends power to all wheels if front wheel slipping is sensed or if the AWD lock button is active. However, it always switches to strictly front wheel drive once speed exceeds 19 mph - whether or not the AWD "lock" button is active. The Murano isn't really designed for lots of back country bashing. So far, I have

15,000 miles on a Murano with no CVT problems whatsoever.
Reply to
otherwhorl

What's the life expectancy on the belt in the CVT?....Someone mentioned that it cannot be replaced...Is this so? Thanks for any comments.

Reply to
ED

I hear that they are going to redesign the 2005 Pathfinder, and it's supposed to be quite a bit better. If you can afford to wait....

Reply to
C L

Sorry I don't have any life expectancy information. I can say that there is no scheduled replacement of the CVT "belt" in the owner's service manual, which specifies service up to 120,000 miles.

Reply to
otherwhorl

Yep, based on the Titan platform, using the new 4.0 liter V6 VQ engine. Optional third row seats, larger capacity, more power.

Reply to
Aaron Ciesar

AND - Lots more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply to