My Maxima don't start

Good Day to all,

My Maxima 1996 don't start.

The battery is good and all electrical things to.

But when I start, my car does like if the Anti-Start was on, but it is off.

The Nissan dealuer said to me that all is ok and they don't see where is the problem, and unfortinatly... my car started. But in the same evening, I had the same problem and my Maxima not start.

Some people have same experience...?

Regards to all

Andre

Reply to
Le Quebecois

One possibility is a failing sensor. I had my Camshaft position sensor fail recently, and it did not set any codes on the ECU until the problem became worse (more frequent). I think when I got two no-starts in a row it finally logged a code. So in that case you can't do anything if the car starts on the 2nd try until it gets worse.

Another suggestion is the coolant temp sensor. Not an expensive nor difficult part to replace, and I am told they do not throw a code when they go bad.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

I had the same exact symptom. A new battery and a new starter didn't help. The problem was in the starter switch - part of your steering wheel. The Chilton book shows you how to repair it yourself. My mechanic claims it's a well known Maxima problem - at least well known among mechanics. Good luck.

Reply to
Gershon Shamay

The problem was a erratic... malfunction of the starter.

It is repaired but what a lot of time lost...

Regards to all and thanks for your ideas.

Reply to
Le Quebecois