Mystery Coolant Leak near Throttle Body

Hi,

I have a 96 Sentra gxe with 157K miles. When the engine is cold and running, I get a drip from somewhere near the beginning of the throttle body. There is a coolant hose that feeds a metal tube that goes into the driver's side of the throttle body,right behind a green spring that is right next to the throttle lever.

The green coil attaches to the TB with screws. The TB is dripping from the area the green spring attaches to. It doesn't seem to be leaking out of the rubber hose. It seems to be coming right out the TB next to this green coil thing.

Is it possible the TB is cracked and leaking coolant? Is this green coil a temp sensor ?

Any clues appreciated !

Reply to
User132384

John Smith

Thanks. If the TB is cracked, what are my options? Can it be welded, or have some sealer applied to it externally ?

Thanks

Reply to
User132384

If it is truly cracked it will have to be replaced. I would suspect a hose first and foremost though.

Wil

Reply to
Truck

IF the leak is from the TB. There is a steel line that goes through the TB, that corrodes and leaks if coolant has not been changed on a regular interval. Same issue on Nissan Quest vans. Some have just bypassed the TB with a short copper pipe or change hose to bypass. Check hose connection and clamps first. Also check the thermowax valve as stated in earlier post if you have one, for leaks around the o-ring.

Reply to
jjjsan