Need Advice on Clutch Problem - 1999 Sentra

I have a 1999 Sentra GXE with the 1.6 liter. When I bought it in 2007 from a Toyota dealer the clutch had no free play, but then they adjusted it so that it had a bit more than I would like. After a year, when I drive it a bit it gets to where when going into reverse the gears won't stop spinning, and I have to shut it off for a second. It feels a bit rough going into 1st that way.

I took it to an independent and he says the clutch is hydraulic and not adjustable. The guy at the Nissan desk suspects the same, and maybe I need a new clutch, but I'd have to leave it to be checked.

What's the real story with this clutch? I'd like some input before going back to where I bought it to get their opinion, since they did adjust it once.

I notice that there are some adjustments around the pedal, but I don't know if they would lift it from not releasing when warm.

Thanks.

Reply to
Ed Light

Thanks, Al. Seems it was hiding in plain sight. One mechanic couldn't find it! But the dealer I bought it from did find it, and now I can adjust it to my heart's content.

Reply to
Ed Light