need an exhsaust for 79 datsun 510

i am in despret need of parts for my 79 datsun 510. i have searched every were and have only found a few things.i need a complet exhsuast, and body parts mostly the front fenders.if anyone has any info of were i could get parts,or if any one has part ther willing to sell. that would be a lot of help

Reply to
79datsun

Datsun 510 exhaust. Dude you gotta call this guy. Mike in riverside. He got me a kick ass exhaust manifold for my 1970 datsun 510. I don't have his number right now, but if e-mail it back I'll get it for. I paid like $140 including shipping.

Some advice though. There is a flange where the manifold meets the exhaust. Save yourself a huge headache, and request an exhuast shop to cut those out with a torch, (while it's out of the car) and put nice new fresh bolt in them, and then rebutt the flange with a new gasket. Those old manifold are casted and easily cracked at those bolts. I went through two till I figured out it's easier to just tap them out.

as far as the rest of exhaust, I found it easier to just custom from the manifold back. I had a glass pack on there but didn't like the sound too much, so I changed it to a Magnaflow. Sounds Nice now.

remember. you will butting old stuff with new stuff. You will need all the strength you need, to avoid an exhaust leak

Reply to
punkfly