need halp badddd!!!

I just bought a 92 stanza(automatic) from a friend who bought it with a bad tranny. He put a junkyard tranny in it. It will not start off in 1st gear, starts in second. The speedo and odometer didn't work. Put a brand new speed sensor in it, no improvement. Put a junkyard gauge cluster in it after reading of the speedo problems on this forum. Same problem still, apparently another bad instrument cluster. I get the 14 code which is bad speed sensor. Wondering if the bad speedo will make it have this shifting problem. It pretty much does ok once you get it going. I can tell that it seems to be a little confused on the shifting when letting off the gas at medium speeds. Of all the speedo probs I've read about on here I haven't seen anyone mention having shifting problems and this worries me about if the junkyard tranny is bad internally. Somebody please give me some advice. Thanks

Reply to
kevenater