Need Help on how to install front O2 sensor 2000 Nissan Sentra

The Service engine light has come on my 200 Sentra GXE. I had it diagnosed and it was the front O2 sensor. I bought the part from a Nissan dealer. Can I install it myself? Is it easy? What tools do I need? What else do I do after I install it? Do I have to reset anything. Thanks in advance for your help

Reply to
Frit

and it was the front O2 sensor. I bought the part from a Nissan dealer. Can I install it myself?

I have to reset anything.

So you bought the part with no clue on how to install it? Pretty brave. You can buy an oxygen sensor socket at any parts store. Unplug it, remove the old one, install the new one, plug it in. You'll only have trouble if it doesn't want to come out or you can't reach it. The computer should be reset. Otherwise the light will stay on for a number of starts (20-25 or so) before it shuts off the light.

Reply to
Jim