New axle seal leaking

I am replacing the transaxles/cv joints on my 2001 Sentra GXE (w/~210K mi). Prior to removing the axles, there was no leak. I have re- installed new seals in both sides, and installed the transaxle on the passenger side, but the new seal on the driver side is leaking very steadily now. No leak is coming from the passenger side.

I gently removed the old seals with a seal removal tool, and re- installed them with an installation tool, so I'm not sure why the seal is leaking.

Are both the right & left seals the same? If not, could I have mixed them up? Did I not install the seal deep enough?

Reply to
bmcdougald