new micra

I was wondering if anyone else has been looked out of their new micra. I had the engine running to cool the car down and my daugther shut the door and we were all left standing outside with the car running... and all doors locked. Needless to say I had to break the window to turn off the car.

The reason I ask here, is this was a hire car we were 1 mile from the hire company "Skycars" place and they told me the other key was 150 miles away and to break the window as they had no way of opening the car...

Crunch time comes when I get a large bill for replacing the window. They tell me I have to pay and they have never had this happen to anyone else. Can I be the only one ??

Clay

Reply to
Steve

I think if you have a witness to prove that they told you to break the window, you should not have to pay for it. Here in the colonies, every two truck driver and would-be car thief runs around with a "slim jim" to unlock the doors of cars without keys. It is surprising that they would not send out a tow truck or a locksmith with such a tool.

Reply to
E. Meyer