New X-Trail Model - When?

I'm in the UK and am tempted to buy a new X-Trail, but am concerned that the revised model will be out before too long (maybe 2007?).

Anyone know when the new model is due to appear?

TIA

Andy

Reply to
Acedrew

Over here in Canada, the X-Trail has been out for a while now. It is a good dependable vehicle. The big complaint about it, is that the engine is under powered for its size and weight. It would have been much better with at least with the small 6 cylinder.

When I was shopping around for a new SUV, I as not looking for any great performance. But, when I tried the X-Trail, I found it to lack power for passing on the highway, compared to other vehicles that I tried. The ride however was very comfortable, and the vehicle was very easy to handle and park compared to most other SUV's.

One other thing that bugged me was that the instrument cluster is in the centre rather in front of the driver. I found this to be annoying. I like to see my gauges in front of me when I drive any vehicle.

If you can go the few bucks more, the X-Terra is the much better buy. It is more durable, has descent power, and is much sturdier. This was my choice between the two.

Reply to
Jerry G.

What engines do you get in Canada then? Certainly UK models get a 136bhp Dci diesel, 2.0 (140) and 2.5 (165) petrols.

The Dci is the engine of choice and pretty capable, for what it is (lots of torque) and chips to 150bhp. 40mpg too.

The 2.0l is sluggish but returns just about acceptable mpg.

The 2.5 is very brisk, but can be thirsty. Driven normally and not towing however, it will return the same if not better mpg as the 2.0l.

Japanese markets have a lovely 280bhp turbo option, but we dont get that over here :(

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..