Nissan 200sx S15 Gear Knob Change

Hi all,

I searched briefly and could not find much info on how to change these tight gear knobs. A mate with a Skyline said to change his gear knob you just had to yank it off. Both are Nissans... kinda made sense. Nope, not the way. They simply turn counter-clockwise, v v v tight though. Looks like there is some threading glue/tape used as well. A mechanic told me to use pliers, but it was guaranteed that I would wreck the existing knob. You don't need pliers, I just wrapped a rag around the knob, thought intensely about my ex-boss that I wanted to hit and it twisted off.

[ Silvia S15 Nissan 200sx Gear Shift Knob Momo re: ]

HTH,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Griffith - Seco Tech